Building Location and Information
The new Chemical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering facility will be built on the current location of Fenske Laboratory, located near the intersection of Shortlidge and Curtin roads.
Replacing Fenske Laboratory with a building on the same site that can hold both the chemical and biomedical engineering departments was determined to be a viable solution. It allows room for future growth, optimizes usage of the space and lays the foundation for strengthening the two departments. The two disciplines complement one another, and academic and research synergies will result through their co-location.
- 194,500 total square feet
- New and expanded faculty, staff and administrative offices to accommodate department growth
- Specialized engineering laboratories
- Student collaboration space and project-based education
- $150MM total cost: The College of Engineering must raise $10MM of these funds